The five institutions which attracted support
The five institutions which attracted support are:
- University of Lisbon: Professor Margarida Gama Carvalho (“Characterization of post-transcriptional control mechanisms regulating SMN2 gene expression.”)
- Università Cattolica, Rome: Professor Eugenio Mercuri (“Outcome measures in SMA types II and III”)
- University of Milan: Professor Giacomo Comi (cofunded with FSMA) (“Development of a stem cell approach for treating Spinal Muscular Atrophy”)
- Institut de Myologie, Paris: Dr Martine Barkats (“Evaluation of AAV-mediated gene therapy in murine and feline SMA models”)
- University of Missouri, USA: post-doctoral fellow Dr Monir Shababi (“A Two-Pronged Approach to Develop a Treatment for Spinal Muscular Atrophy”).
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org