Call for proposals 2013 targets 3 research priorities :
- Fundamental research and physiopathology of diseases of the neuromuscular system.
- Development of therapeutic approaches for rare diseases.
- Clinic and care management.
AFM-Telethon offers 3 types of financing :
- Trampoline grants in order to support investigators early in their professional career. This grant is awarded for a maximum of 50,000 € for one year.
- Research projects for one year, renewable for a second year, and exceptionally for a third year.
- PhD fellowships for one year, renewable for a second and third year. Foreign PhD students in foreign laboratories will be exceptionally considered on a case by case basis.
- Post doctoral fellowships for one year, renewable for a second year. Same rules as for PhD fellowships apply.
Deadlines for applications are the followings :
- For first session, aplly by September, 28th, 2012. Results expected Mid-February 2013.
- For second session, apply by March, 8th, 2012. Results expected Mid-July 2013.
You can find further information, see section 2013 Call for proposals.