Five departments at the heart of the combat
At headquarters in Evry (Essonne), five departments work on AFM-Téléthon missions:
- the Scientific Department, in charge of exploring all the emerging therapeutic pathways and supporting fundamental research into treatments;
- the Medical Operations Department, monitors the quality and standardisation of patient care and ensures that patients benefit from research advances;
- the Family Operations Department, helps compensate for disabilities and supports patients and their families in achieving their goals;
- the Advocacy Department, monitors patients' benefits in legislative developments and provides legal support for families when necessary;
- the Communications Department, which informs, raises awareness, shares knowledge, looks after contact with public authorities and harnesses the association's actions.
A local network
To take action as close to patients and their families as possible, AFM-Téléthon also has 19 regional services centers, which totals about 160 professionals in the healthcare and social welfare sector.
A health-care structure
AFM-Téléthon also manages an accommodation and care centre for adult patients who are highly dependent: the Yolaine-de-Kepper residence which employs about 130 professionals including physicians, nurses and occupational therapists.